Wednesday, December 31, 2008

The Unraveling Yarn Path of Enlightment

So I was looking up the Blue Sky Alpaca website as I'm furthering my intelligence on yarn, past the isles of Michaels, JoAnne, and Wal-marts; and I came across this little saying whilst looking up a local yarn store (who knew one exsited here :P), "Knitting/Crocheting is like the new yoga...", and I feel like that is absolutely the best description to date!

I can't completely describe, in great detail anyway, the sense of calm I get while working with my yarn. It gives my already (I swear) ADHD-like brain a chance to slow down, and think out one thought before it all out catapults towards another. I love that. I don't think I've had that feeling in a while, not even with my music (well...recently anyways). I hope to God that this feeling stays.
You truly do not realize how healing peace is, until you've found a teeny tiny little bit to keep for yourself.

Having said that.. I don't think this, like many of my other "fads" as the Misses calls them, will fade out. I don't think I'll get sick of it...well hopefully not anyways.

I want to learn so much more about it as well. I mean there are SO many different yarns out there. I also have to remind myself that I can't learn everything in one day, so don't get frustrated if I don't. Which is something that happens often, and usually is the ending to the fad I'm usually on.

Ohmigosh, could it be?
Is it true?
Is...is knitting/crocheting...a...(Le gasp).. Life lesson!?!?!?
*shivers*
You know us college kids just haaaaate those :P.

No comments:

Post a Comment